WHAT IS NFL FLAG LA?
NFL FLAG LA was established in 2012. We are the premier youth flag football league for boys and girls ages 6-13 in the Los Angeles Area. The program provides young players a fun and exciting opportunity to engage in non-contact, continuous action while learning lessons in teamwork.
In this six-on-six game, the offensive team plays for a first down at midfield and a touchdown in the end zone. Running and passing plays are allowed. The defensive team covers receivers, rushes the passer, and grabs flags to make “tackles.”
NFL FLAG LA is an insured youth sports organization which includes a $1,000,000 liability policy. We take extra steps to differentiate our program. This ensures a fun program for the entire family. We provide value-added programs that support development of your child’s agility, fundamentals, skill, and technique.
NFL FLAG LA services the cities of Playa Vista, Santa Monica, Westchester, Inglewood, Hawthorne, Manhattan Beach, El Segundo, Marina Del Rey, Venice, Ladera Heights, Culver City, Pacific Palisades, West LA, Brentwood, Westwood, Beverly Hills, Palms, and other surrounding communities.
NFL FLAG LA IS BASED ON THE FOLLOWING PRINCIPLES
1. Have fun! Every professional player in the NFL started playing as youths for the simple love of the game. With instruction from Head Coaches, an official NFL FLAG LA rule book, and the ability to check team standings and player stats on nflflagla.com, NFL FLAG LA players will have the opportunity to learn and enhance their football fundamentals, develop new friendships, and engage in healthy competition.
2. Equal Opportunity for all. NFL FLAG LA believes every youth has a right to play and have fun. Our program is for everyone, regardless of race, gender, religion, or ability level.
3. Safety first. With the number of youth concussions in tackle football rising every year, NFL FLAG LA believes that safety must always come first. With NFL FLAG LA, every player gets the enjoyment of playing football in an organized, team environment, with the safety benefits of participating in a non-contact sport. That’s the best of both worlds! Head coaches and trained officials will also be present at all games and practices to enforce safe play.
4. Life lessons. Helping children develop character is as important to NFL FLAG LA as learning football fundamentals. The lessons each player will learn includes teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship.
WHEN WE PLAY
NFL FLAG LA football is played on weekends in the Spring, Summer, and Fall.
WHO CAN PLAY
NFL FLAG LA is for boys and girls (ages 6 to 13) and is for all skill levels. Team coaches are encouraged to give all players equal playing time.
WHY CHOOSE NFL FLAG LA FOOTBALL
NFL FLAG LA believes participation in an organized youth sports activity is about more than just the sport, it’s about the entire experience for the parent and child.
* Everyone Plays!
* No Parental Politics!
* No team sponsorships are required in our League.
* League representatives are always on-site to offer assistance.
* Different levels of competition that caters to beginners up to advanced players.
* Weekly statistics are run on individual and team league level.
* We try our best to honor Friend/Coach requests.
* Improvements are always being made to both the game and the organization.
* Our League promotes having fun, playing safe, and getting active in a healthy competitive environment while rewarding the value of good sportsmanship, leadership, and teamwork skills.