NFL FLAG LA FOOTBALL is based on the following principles:
1. Have fun! Every professional player in the NFL started playing as youths for the simple love of the game. With instruction from Head Coaches, an official NFL FLAG LA rule book, and the ability to check team standings and player stats on nflflagla.com, NFL FLAG LA players will have the opportunity to learn and enhance their football fundamentals, develop new friendships, and engage in healthy competition.
2. Equal Opportunity for all. NFL FLAG LA believes every youth has a right to play and have fun. Our program is for everyone, regardless of race, gender, religion, or ability level. There are no tryouts and no team cuts.
3. Safety first. With the number of youth concussions in tackle football rising every year, NFL FLAG LA believes that safety must always come first. With NFL FLAG LA Football, every NFL FLAG LA Player gets the enjoyment of playing football in an organized, team environment, with the safety benefits of participating in a non-contact sport. That’s the best of both worlds! Head coaches and trained officials will also be present at all games and practices to enforce safe play.
4. Life lessons. Helping children develop character is as important to NFL FLAG LA as learning football fundamentals. The lessons each player will learn includes teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship.
WHEN WE PLAY
NFL FLAG LA Football is played on weekends in the Spring, Summer, and Fall.
WHO CAN PLAY
NFL FLAG LA FOOTBALL is for boys and girls (ages 6 to 13) and is for all skill levels. There are no tryouts or drafts of any kind. Team coaches are encouraged to give all players equal playing time.
WHY CHOOSE NFL FLAG FOOTBALL
NFL FLAG LA Football believes participation in an organized youth sports activity is about more than just the sport, it’s about the entire experience for the parent and child.
* Use of Orientations to introduce new teams and individuals to the game and it's rules prior to the beginning of a season.
* Once a season begins, weekly statistics are run on individual and team league level, which builds both enthusiasm and competition for the ball players.
* No Tryouts! No Drafts! Everyone Plays! Every Game!
* No Parental Politics!
* League representatives are always on-site to offer assistance.
* Special team requests must be made in writing on the registration form and will be evaluated on a per case basis (not all requests can be honored)
* Game rules and League policies are reviewed at the conclusion of each season to determine where improvements can be made to both the game and the organization.
* Our League promotes having fun, playing safe, and getting active in a healthy competitive environment while rewarding the value of good sportsmanship, leadership, and teamwork skills.
* No team sponsors are required in our League.